Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time with my grandfather…

My interest in photography is a heritage left to me by my grandfather… I remember my first disc camera (do you remember those?)… circa 1980… I LOVED looking at my grandfather’s fancy SLR camera with all the great lenses that could zoom in close to whatever he wanted to catch.  I particularly remember him taking pictures on our trips to Sea World in Orlando, and Pelicans on the pier in Venice, FL… I think nature was his favorite subject.

I lost my grandfather in 1983 but a day doesn’t go by that I don’t think of him, especially if I’m doing what I love… creating memories with my camera.

Awhile ago my aunt gave me a few of his old lenses that are compatible with my camera (although not all the bells & whistles… like no auto focus)… so I’ve been playing with it a bit, and I LOVE the results… being manual focus it would be tough in my shoots with little ones (they’re too fast for manual focus)… I did catch a few shots of my daughter at her grandparents house today… using this lens gives me a feeling of a deeper connection to the grandfather who shared his love of photography with me, and taught me my first lesson on composition (pay attention to the background!)

This lens is probably 30-40 years old (like ME!)… it gives great detail, sharpness, and blurred backgrounds…. I LOVE it!

IMGP5320

IMGP5328

IMGP5347

Thank you Grandpa!  I wish you were here to offer more photographic words of wisdom & honest critique. ♥♥

-Terri Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment