Monday, October 24, 2011

Why I love what I do…

My goal in every session is to capture the subject…. not make the subject look like what I think he/she or they SHOULD look like.  That’s why I love my job!  I’ve had sessions on lots of different venues/locales, and I’ve loved them all.

This past Sunday I had the privilege of doing senior yearbook session with one of my best friends sons.  When I met my friend this young man was 2… as I’m gazing through my viewfinder at him during our session I can’t help but remember back to those pre-school pictures she showed me of him all those years ago… I turned to her and said “I can’t believe I’m taking his SENIOR pictures!”

Another thing that made this session unique is that sitting this guy in a meadow of wildflowers wouldn’t fly… he wanted graffiti! He took me to a skate park… I’ve never been in a skate park before in my life.  I was so excited.  I loved the idea of doing something urban, with gritty edits that I knew would just fit HIM!  drew1

drew2

And a nice non-graffiti for Mom!

drew3

Don’t get me wrong I still love my meadows, and foliage, but it’s so much fun to do something different once in awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment